The below list, ranked in order from best to worst, comprises the definitive, essential guide to exotic and limited H. Upmann cigars. One note: compared to my Partagás and my Montecristo roundups, this Upmann one covers a much narrower field. The highly ranked cigars are excellent, but not life changing; the lowly ones are mediocre, but not disgusting.
- H. Upmann Magnum 48 Edición Limitada 2009
- H. Upmann Robustos Edición Limitada 2012
- H. Upmann Noellas La Casa del Habano Exclusivo 2009
- H. Upmann Robustos 520 Aniversario
- H. Upmann No. 2 Reserva Cosecha 2010
- H. Upmann Sir Winston
- H. Upmann Royal Robusto La Casa del Habano Exclusivo 2011
- H. Upmann Tacos Imperiales Réplica de Humidor Antiguo 2006
- H. Upmann Monarcas
- H. Upmann Travel Humidor Robusto
- H. Upmann Connossieur A Habanos Specialist Exclusive 2013
- H. Upmann Connoisseur No. 1
- H. Upmann Magnum 50
- H. Upmann Connoisseur No. 1 160th Aniversario Humidor
- H. Upmann No. 2 160th Anniversary Humidor
- H. Upmann Prominentes 160th Aniversario Humidor
- H. Upmann Petite Coronas
- H. Upmann Magnum Especiales Colección Habanos 2007*
The only notable absentee from this list at time of writing is the Magnum 50, Edición Limitada 2005. It, along with the as yet unreleased Butifarra, will be added just as soon as I can lay my hands on them. On that note, the exotic fires described in Dusky Beauties are made possible entirely by the generosity of the collectors who contribute them: they have my eternal gratitude. If you would like to contribute something yourself, please reach out.
*although in fairness, I think my example may have been contaminated.